Hi there! Today, I am sharing a card I made for a 2019 New Catalog Card Swap. I really enjoy participating in swaps. It is a great way to get tons of inspiration while also sharing your ideas. Card swaps can be a little intimidating at first; my advice is start small and trust in your creations! Everyone has something to add to the wonderful world of card making!!!
My card uses the new Mosaic Moods DSP (2019 Annual Catalog) and is paired with carry over dies and stamps: Stained Glass Thinlits (2018 Annual Catalog) and Well Said stamp set (2019 Occasions Catalog). I chose to use Early Espresso cardstock but this card would look great with any of this DSP’s coordinating colors such as Soft Suede, Mint Macaron, Crushed Curry or even one of the new In Colors – Terracotta Tile. I chose to keep the DSP as the focal and point and keep my embellishments to a minimum, using only a coordinating Flower Faceted Gem. I feel like this card looks good even without any embellishments. You will find detailed instructions and a supply list below. I have also included a link to a printable card recipe but remember this is what I had on hand. There are many options for this card and I am definitely a proponent of use what you have 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Until next time Peace, Love and Happy Stamping!
| • Early Espresso 5 ½” x 8 ½” score at 4 ¼”|
• Early Espresso 2 ½” square
• Very Vanilla 4” x 5 ¼” for inside
• Very Vanilla scrap for sentiment (¾” x 2”)
• Mosaic Moods Specialty DSP – Horizontal Striped 4” x 6”, then trim to 4” x 5 ¼”
| • Stamp “Healing Thoughts” sentiment on Very Vanilla scrap and trim to ¾” x 2”|
• Stamp “Know that Love” sentiment on Very Vanilla 4” x 5 ¼” centered slightly to the right to account for the ¾” decorative trim to be added to the left side. (inside)
| • Die cut Hummingbird DSP with square Stained Glass die OR|
Option 2: Cut Hummingbird DSP into 1 – 15/16” square. Then attach a 2 ½” square of multipurpose adhesive sheet (retired) to the Hummingbird DSP – Hummingbird side. (using back side)
• Die cut Hummingbird DSP scrap with Stained Glass rectangle die. (using back side)
| • Attach 4” x 5 ¼” DSP to card front.|
• Attach 2 ½” square Stained Glass piece (Mosaic side showing) to 2 ½” square Early Espresso cardstock.
• Attach 1 15/16” square Hummingbird to center of Early Espresso/Mosaic 2 ½” square.
• Attach finished 2 ½” square to center of card front.
• Attach sentiment to center of rectangle Stained Glass piece (Mosaic side showing).
• Attach finished sentiment using dimensionals, slightly overlapping Hummingbird center. (see photo)
• Attach 4” x 5 ¼” Very Vanilla to inside of card.
• Attach ¾” x 4” to the left side of the Very Vanilla inside.
|• Don’t forget to add your personal touch to the back of the card.|
• Sit back with a cup of coffee (or favorite beverage) and enjoy your creation!